As an Apprentice Carpenter, you will work the Operations team to ensure that project expectations from the client and the company are met. At OGW, client satisfaction is our number one priority. They dream it, we build it. The Apprentice Carpenter is currently undergoing training for their Red Seal certification, recognizing their status as leaders in their industry. They have experience demonstrating Junior to Intermediate Level skills as well as exposure to alternative skills enhancing their contribution as Craftspeople. They are expected to monitor, consult and lead all aspects relevant to their expertise.
- Utilize expertise to lead and/or support project objectives and company goals
- Support construction team with trade related business strategies for productivity and efficiency
- Monitor and advise any other employees working in the trade
- Ensure installation of all construction materials effectively and efficiently
- Ensure, operate & provide basic daily maintenance for all equipment, trailers & tools
- Maintain, evaluate and improve quality constructions standards
- Support project lead with daily communication and onsite accountability to project objectives
- Ensure timesheets, receipts, slips and other paperwork are completed in detail and submitted in a timely manner
- Monitor productive daily work procedures, resolve construction problems, and customer concerns with the assistance of field team
- Provide technical consult where required
- Actively seek learning opportunities to improve skill sets and safety procedures
- Ensure all administrative duties required for project specific documents are accurate and complete
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Training for an industry related certification – Journeyman or equivalent classification
- 2+ years’ experience in trade specific skills
- Team player with the ability to work with diverse trades
- Ability to read construction plans, including elevations, and section drawings
- Training and production in alternative skills
- Proficient in MS Office; Basic level knowledge of MS Excel, SharePoint
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- First Aid and completion of Courses in Trade specific safe practices
- Leadership traits with advanced communication skills
- Ability to accept and provide direction, initiate feedback and perform with accountability
- Anxious to learn and encourage trade specific learning of others
- Committed to being on time and prepared
- Must be flexible to working overtime
- Adapts well to challenging environmental conditions
- Capable and motivated to handle demanding, repetitive physical labour for extended periods of time
- Adept at manipulation of all tools, apparatus and materials relevant to their trade (may require additional certification)
- Participate in performance review process
- Maintain a positive attitude and productive character
- Valid Driver’s License
- OGW logo’d clothing must be worn during working hours
- CSA approved PPE must be worn on site
- Work hours are Monday to Thursday 8:00-5:30, Friday 8:00-4:30 (1/2 hour unpaid lunch)
- Work on evenings and weekends as required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite; SharePoint, Power Apps, Power BI, and Power Automate
- Project management experience
- Renovation and new build experience
- Estimating experience
- Training in business management
- Class 3 Driver’s License
- Air break indorsement
- Competitive wages
- Year-round work (not seasonal)
- Monday to Friday work week
- Training and apprenticeship programs
- Health benefits program
Reports To: Site Supervisor / Lead Trade
Division: General Construction
Hourly Pay Range: $20 – $30
OnGrowing Works is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates applications from all interested applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Opportunity: OnGrowing Works (OGW) is...
Manage overall operations and is responsible for...
A Lead Estimator will be responsible for the...
As a Landscape Horticulturist, you will work the...
A Labourer is a contracted employee who is...
OnGrowing Works currently has an exciting...
As a Journeyperson Landscaper, you will work...