As an Intermediate Designer you will work with the planning and design team to ensure that all design and drafting requirements for clients are met. The Intermediate Designer key responsibilities include visualizing and sketching design plans as per client goals, sourcing products and materials, determining costs and inspecting construction to ensure alignment with design specifications are met. You will also be expected to comply with the regulatory environment around inspections and building codes.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Fluent in reading and understanding standard industry documentation;
- Advanced communication skills (confident with people, competent with technology);
- Advanced ability to seek direction, provide feedback and perform with accountability;
- Ability to inspire, motivate and challenge teammates;
- Pursues active learning;
- Demonstrates ability to meet deadlines and handle a high pressure, dynamic environment;
- Proficient in MS Office; Including and advanced level knowledge of MS Excel;
- Proficient in CADD, Sketch-up 3D,
- Technical/Trades Diploma in applicable fields;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience designing and drafting in residential and/or commercial industries;
- Proficiency in Dynascape 360 software is an asset;
- Prepare sales, conceptual and design development packages for client meetings;
- Prepare planning proposal documentation including scope of work estimated hours and resources;
- Gather As-Built Site information and create the job file;
- Conduct land use bylaw, building code and architectural guideline reviews;
- Prepare As-Built drawings using As-Built Site information and GNSS Raw Elevation Data;
- Support design phase through bubble sketches and block diagrams;
- Support sales and planning teams in conceptual and design development meetings;
- Prepare Drawings for release to Pricing (RTP) and Release to construction (RTC);
- Prepare material take-offs from acquired or generated drawing sets;
- Prepare Sketchup 3D models for client presentation;
- Assist with consultant communications including Structural Engineers, Environmental Engineers, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Architects, Specialty Consultants and Sub-Trades;
- Prepare development and building permit packages;
- Support in Change Order requests and drawing revision requests from construction team;
- Support planning team by generating administration meeting documentation including Meeting Agenda and Meeting Notes;
- Be prepared to collect site survey data, dimensions, conditions, etc. to qualify drawings and proposal notes;
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Maintains awareness of company goals as guidelines for objectives of the Planning Team
- OGW logo’d clothing must be worn during working hours
- Work hours: Mon-Thurs 9:00am – 3:00pm with flexible with work from home options and availability for in-person client meetings and design sessions are required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Timesheets submitted daily to Dynascape 360
- On time and prepared
- Work on evenings and weekends as required
- Provide own transportation to work site
- Participate in performance review process
- Cultivate a positive attitude and productive character both personally and amongst teammates
- Must have a personal cell phone available at all times
- Training and apprenticeship programs
- Health benefits program
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home options
- A fun and supportive team!
Job Title: Intermediate Designer
Division: Planning & Design
Reports To: Planning Manager
Hourly Pay Range: $28 – $35
As an Apprentice Carpenter, you will work the...
Division: Landscape/Horticulture &...
Division: Landscape Operations Reports To:...
The Opportunity We are seeking a highly...
Division: Landscape/Horticulture &...
A Lead Estimator will be responsible for the...
OnGrowing Works Ltd.
Cochrane, AB T4C 2C2
: (403) 932 3766
: (403) 932 5338
Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.