Division: Landscape Operations
Reports To: Landscape Project Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Locations: Cochrane, AB
As a Journeyperson Landscape – Superintendent, you will work with the Operations Team to ensure that project expectations from the client and the company are met. At OGW, client satisfaction is our number one priority. The Journeyperson Landscaper has advanced classification as a Journeyperson or other professional certification recognizing their status as leaders in their industry. They have extensive experience demonstrating Master Level skills as well as exposure to alternative skills enhancing their contribution as Craftspeople. They are expected to monitor, consult and lead all aspects relevant to their expertise (sales, planning, construction, training, and safety).
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Industry related certification – Journeyperson or equivalent classification
- 10+ years’ experience as a Journeyperson Landscaper
- Mastery Level skills
- Equipment operator experience (5000+ hours on excavator, mini-excavator, skid steer, and backhoe)
- Vehicle operator experience (5000+ hours in dump truck [1 ton or higher], truck and trailer [16’], and picker truck)
- Team player with the ability to work with diverse trades
- Ability to read construction plans, including elevations, and section drawings
- Training and production in alternative skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- First Aid and completion of Courses in Trade specific safe practices
- Leadership traits with advanced communication skills
- Ability to accept and provide direction, initiate feedback and perform with accountability
- Anxious to learn and encourage trade specific learning of others
- Committed to being on time and prepared
- Must be flexible to working overtime
- Adapts well to challenging environmental conditions
- Capable and motivated to handle demanding, repetitive physical labour for extended periods of time
- Maintain a positive attitude and productive character
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ensure clients are satisfied with all aspects of the project performance
- Utilize expertise to lead and / or support project objectives and company goals
- Support management Team with trade related business strategies for productivity and efficiency
- Monitor and advise any other employees working in the trade
- Ensure installation of all construction materials effectively and efficiently
- Review, monitor and ensure ordering and delivery of job specific materials and supplies
- Ensure, operate & provide basic daily maintenance for all equipment, trailers & tool
- Maintain, evaluate and improve quality constructions standards per Quality Installation Practices
- Support Project Manager with daily communication and onsite accountability to project objectives
- Ensure timesheets, receipts, slips and other paperwork are completed in detail and submitted in a timely manner
- Monitor and effect productive daily work procedures, resolve construction problems, and customer concerns with the assistance of field team
- Encourage and provide mentorship for training and apprenticeship
- Provide technical consult for Sales and Planning
- Generate and/or review technical drawings/sketches
- Support Project Manager with scheduling and allocation of resources
- Assist with staff and client general inquiries as required
- Actively pursue sales and marketing opportunities
- Review, pursue and supervise existing and potential suppliers and sub-trades
- Actively seek learning opportunities to improve skill sets and Safety procedures
- Ensure all administrative duties required for project specific documents are accurate and complete
- Participate in performance review process
OnGrowing Works, is a multiple award winning Western Canadian leader in the regenerative design and construction industry. We have been exceeding client expectations in Cochrane, Calgary and the surrounding area since 1999. OnGrowing Work’s core values act as our corporate moral compass, fostering a work culture committed to the positive experience of our clients and staff, who are proud to be known as good people in pursuit of the highest standards of design and construction excellence. We are a cadre of gifted craftspeople who innovate, support, and lead the North American standard in sustainable construction services.
The OGW Advantage
At OGW we are committed to the development of our people and offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We have a team of highly engaged contributors that strive for excellence every day which make OGW a rewarding place to work. Our people really are the OGW Advantage. Come join our team and find out for yourself.
If you want to learn more about life at OGW, visit our website www.ongrowing.com, follow us on Facebook or Instagram @ongrowingworks or LinkedIn @OnGrowing Works Ltd.
Salary and Benefits:
- Range – $32.00 – $40.00 per hour
- Extended Health Care Benefits Program
- RRSP Match
- Company Events
- Training Programs
To apply for this position please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OnGrowing Works is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates applications from all interested applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Apprentice Carpenter, you will work the...
Division: Landscape/Horticulture &...
The Opportunity We are seeking a highly...
Division: Landscape/Horticulture &...
A Lead Estimator will be responsible for the...
OnGrowing Works Ltd.
Cochrane, AB T4C 2C2
: (403) 932 3766
: (403) 932 5338
Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.