A Lead Estimator will be responsible for the accurate generation and management of all project estimates for sales, pre-construction, and bidding efforts. Ability to complete full quantity takeoffs to support accurate estimates for all disciplines in commercial and residential project types. A complete understanding of the interrelationship of the cost of labor, material, equipment, and sub trades in the unit costs used at each level of an estimate.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience estimating in residential and/or commercial industries;
experience in home construction, renovations, and landscape construction estimating is an
- Technical/Trades Diploma in applicable fields
- Training and/or experience in data analysis and project costing
- Demonstrates ability to meet deadlines and handle high pressure, dynamic environment
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in reading and understanding standard industry documentation
- Advanced communication skills
- Advanced ability to seek direction, provide feedback and perform with accountability
- Ability to inspire, motivate and challenge teammates
- Proficient in MS Office; Including an advanced level knowledge of MS Project
- Pursues active learning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Projects Online is preferred
- Proficiency in Dynascape 360 software is an asset
- Proficiency in Building Connect is an asset
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares project estimates by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related
- Implements performance measurement systems and analyzes results, and identifies
improvements for productivity rates, labor rates, cost models, unit prices, and other cost
- Be prepared to collect site survey data, dimensions, conditions, etc. to qualify drawings
and proposal notes
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints,
specifications, and related documents
- Integrates proficient knowledge of construction standards and codes
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Sources and evaluates suppliers developing relationship and maintaining an active data
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive
information in Dynascape 360 or Projects Online software
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data with assistance from
administrator and analyst
- Maintains and advances technical knowledge by attending educational workshops;
reviewing technical publications
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains awareness of company goals as guidelines for objectives of the Planning Team
- Helps develop policies and procedures related to estimating, cost control, forecasting and
- Reviews and pursues commercial opportunities
- OGW logo’d clothing must be worn during working hours
- Work hours are Monday to Friday 8:30-5:00
- Valid Driver’s License
- On time and prepared
- Work on evenings and weekends as required
- Provide own transportation to work site
- Participate in performance review process
- Cultivate a positive attitude and productive character both personally and amongst teammates
- Training and apprenticeship programs
- Health benefits program
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home options
- A fun and supportive team!
The Opportunity: OnGrowing Works (OGW) is...
Manage overall operations and is responsible for...
As a Landscape Horticulturist, you will work the...
A Labourer is a contracted employee who is...
As an Apprentice Carpenter, you will work the...
OnGrowing Works currently has an exciting...
As a Journeyperson Landscaper, you will work...