Manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, equipment, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Team. Ensure safe and efficient operations. Serve as a company representative on regulatory issues. Enhance and optimize the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and/or 8-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Demonstrates proficiency in resource management and familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Proven leadership (anticipates, initiates, prioritizes, etc.)
- Demonstrates consistent advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Drives continuous improvements
- Excels in customer service (considerate, aware, integrity, responsive, etc.)
- Industry related experience and/or certification in leadership/business training
- First Aid and required safety courses
- Demonstrates ability to direct, teach and account for standard construction practices
- Fluent in reading and understanding standard industry documentation
- Advanced communication skills (confident with people, competent with technology)
- Advanced ability for comprehensive understanding, communicating intent and achieving results
- Ability to inspire, motivate and challenge teammates
- Pursues, engages and promotes active learning
- Demands, demonstrates and cultivates a respect for timelines, planning and preparation
- Proficient in Office 365 Suite, with advanced knowledge of Projects Online
- Communication to and lead the field staff
o All staff planning and communication
o Participate and lead in all performance related concerns and support
- Collaborate with Project Manager’s to ensure thorough understanding of the job specs/vision
- Quality Assurance
o Direct Quality Installation Practice (QIP) meetings to create and or adjust existing QIP’s
o Inspect and review construction work to ensure conformation with approved drawings
- Plan, prepare and plan for site execution, meeting schedule expectations
o Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
o Accept ultimate responsibility for effective completion of all project objectives
o Understand and plan work and resource requirements
o Direct and support Project Supervisors and Trades to ensure productive daily work procedures, resolve construction problems, and staff/customer concerns, monitor for improvement
o Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Oversight and manage process execution
o Direct, train and support Project Supervisors and crew in the supply, operation & maintenance of all equipment & tools
- Ensure timesheets, receipts, slips and other paperwork generated by project crews are completed in detail and submitted to office according to process
o Support Project Supervisors & Lead Trades to account for supply, delivery, and quality of all materials
- Pre and Post construction accountabilities
o Direct Supervisors to monitor job costs and consult with you regularly on progress
o Supervise and ensure productive, profitable completion of all projects
- Continuous Improvement
o Maintain active proficiency in all internal programs, phases, and processes
o Measure project performance to identify areas for improvements
- Training and safety
o Direct, implement, and ensure all safety protocols, training, equipment, and procedures
o Professional development and cross training
- Collaborate with leadership to achieve strategic growth
Reports To: COO, Executive Team
Hourly Pay Rate: $110,000.00
OnGrowing Works is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates applications from all interested applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Opportunity: OnGrowing Works (OGW) is...
A Lead Estimator will be responsible for the...
As a Landscape Horticulturist, you will work the...
A Labourer is a contracted employee who is...
As an Apprentice Carpenter, you will work the...
OnGrowing Works currently has an exciting...
As a Journeyperson Landscaper, you will work...
OnGrowing Works Ltd.
Cochrane, AB T4C 2C2
: (403) 932 3766
: (403) 932 5338
Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.