Division: Landscape/Horticulture & Maintenance
Reports To: Site Foreman/Supervisor
Job Type: Seasonal (May – September)
Location: Cochrane, AB
We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic Seasonal Labourer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the successful installation of horticulture and landscaping projects in and around the Cochrane area. The Seasonal Labourer is an apprentice in training or has experience working the industry.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Industry related certification or apprenticeship training preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in Horticulture & Landscape construction preferred
- Team player with the ability to work with diverse trades
- First Aid and completion of Courses in Trade specific safe practices preferred
- Ability to accept and provide direction, initiate feedback and perform with accountability
- Anxious to learn and encourage trade specific learning of others
- Committed to being on time and prepared
- Must be flexible to working overtime
- Adapts well to challenging environmental conditions
- Capable and motivated to handle demanding, repetitive physical labour for extended periods of time
- Maintain a positive attitude and productive character
- Valid Driver’s License
- OGW logo’d clothing must be worn during working hours
- CSA approved PPE must be worn on site
- Work hours are Monday to Thursday 8:00-5:30, Friday 8:00-4:30 (1/2 hour unpaid lunch)
- Technology to utilize digital work programs
- Work on evenings and weekends as required
- Ensure clients are satisfied with all work performed on site
- Ensure installation of all construction materials and plants effectively and efficiently
- Review, monitor and ensure ordering and delivery of job specific materials and supplies
- Maintain, evaluate and improve quality constructions standards
- Support Project Foreman/Supervisor with daily communication and onsite accountability to project objectives
- Ensure timesheets, receipts, slips and other paperwork are completed in detail and submitted in a timely manner
- Actively seek learning opportunities to improve skill sets and Safety procedures
OnGrowing Works, is a multiple award winning Western Canadian leader in the regenerative design and construction industry. We have been exceeding client expectations in Cochrane, Calgary and the surrounding area since 1999. OnGrowing Work’s core values act as our corporate moral compass, fostering a work culture committed to the positive experience of our clients and staff, who are proud to be known as good people in pursuit of the highest standards of design and construction excellence. We are a cadre of gifted craftspeople who innovate, support, and lead the North American standard in sustainable construction services.
The OGW Advantage
At OGW we are committed to the development of our people and offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We have a team of highly engaged contributors that strive for excellence every day which make OGW a rewarding place to work. Our people really are the OGW Advantage. Come join our team and find out for yourself. If you want to learn more about life at OGW, visit our website www.ongrowing.com, follow us on Facebook or Instagram @ongrowingworks or LinkedIn @OnGrowing Works Ltd.
Salary and Benefits:
- Range – $18.00 – $24.00
- Company Events
- Training Programs
To apply for this position please email us at email@example.com.
OnGrowing Works is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates applications from all interested applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Apprentice Carpenter, you will work the...
Division: Landscape Operations Reports To:...
The Opportunity We are seeking a highly...
Division: Landscape/Horticulture &...
A Lead Estimator will be responsible for the...
OnGrowing Works Ltd.
Cochrane, AB T4C 2C2
: (403) 932 3766
: (403) 932 5338
Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.