A Labourer is a contracted employee who is expected to work on various projects. They remain at this level until they achieve Trade journeyman status and/or demonstrate the advanced leadership skills required to become a supervisor.
- Industry related experience and/or certification
- Basic First Aid and required safety courses
- Demonstrates a mastery of standard construction practises
- Fluent in reading and understanding standard industry documentation\
- Advanced communication skills (confident with people, competent with technology)
- Ability to take direction, provide feedback and perform with accountability
- Work well with others (understand and support the roles of teammates)
- Anxious to learn
- Committed to being on time and prepared
- Adapts well to challenging environmental conditions
- Capable and motivated to handle demanding, repetitive physical labour for extended periods of time
- Valid Driver’s License
- OGW logo’d clothing must be worn during working hours
- CSA approved PPE must be worn on site
- Work hours are Monday to Thursday 8:00-5:30, Friday 8:00-4:30 (1/2 hour unpaid lunch)
- Work on evenings and weekends as required
- Provide own transportation to work site
- Participate in performance review process
- Maintain a positive attitude and productive character
- Seek, understand and follow directions while assisting the supervisor
- Display leadership by monitoring, supporting, advising to enhance site productivity
- Engage in safety and construction meetings as required
- Review plans and estimates as guidelines for project objectives
- Install construction materials as per plan and estimate
- Provide basic daily maintenance for all equipment, trucks, trailers & tools
- Strive to master techniques required to achieve QIP
- Ensure awareness of and practice safety protocols and procedures as an individual as well as in conjunction with other site personnel, equipment and materials
- Ensure timesheets, receipts, slips and other paperwork are completed in detail and submitted to supervisor in a timely manner
- Understand, practice and support all procedures and policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook
Reports To: Project Supervisor
Hourly Pay Range: $18.00 – $26.00
OnGrowing Works is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates applications from all interested applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Opportunity: OnGrowing Works (OGW) is...
Manage overall operations and is responsible for...
A Lead Estimator will be responsible for the...
As a Landscape Horticulturist, you will work the...
As an Apprentice Carpenter, you will work the...
OnGrowing Works currently has an exciting...
As a Journeyperson Landscaper, you will work...