We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic Construction Labourer to join our team. As a construction labourer, you will be responsible for performing various physical tasks to assist tradespeople on-site. You will work as part of a team to complete building projects on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards. Your work may involve heavy lifting, digging, carrying materials, operating machinery, and performing other tasks as required. The Construction Labourer is an apprentice in training or has experience working the industry.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Industry related certification or apprenticeship training preferred
- Prior experience in construction or a related field is preferred
- Ability to perform physical tasks and lift heavy objects
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Basic knowledge of construction tools and equipment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Maintain a positive attitude and productive character
- Valid Driver’s License
- OGW logo’d clothing must be worn during working hours
- CSA approved PPE must be worn on site
- Work hours are Monday to Thursday 8:00-5:30, Friday 8:00-4:30 (1/2 hour unpaid lunch)
- Technology to utilize digital work programs
- Work on evenings and weekends as required
- Ensure clients are satisfied with all work performed on site
- Assist skilled tradespeople such as carpenters, plumbers, and landscaper with their work
- Load and unload construction materials, tools, and equipment
- Clean and prepare job sites, including removing debris and hazardous materials
- Operate machinery such as lifts, skid steers, and excavators under the supervision of a licensed operator
- Ensure timesheets, receipts, slips and other paperwork are completed in detail and submitted in a timely manner
- Follow safety procedures and wear protective gear as required
- Complete other duties as assigned by the supervisor or project manage
OnGrowing Works, is a multiple award winning Western Canadian leader in the regenerative design and construction industry. We have been exceeding client expectations in Cochrane, Calgary and the surrounding area since 1999. OnGrowing Work’s core values act as our corporate moral compass, fostering a work culture committed to the positive experience of our clients and staff, who are proud to be known as good people in pursuit of the highest standards of design and construction excellence. We are a cadre of gifted craftspeople who innovate, support, and lead the North American standard in sustainable construction services.
The OGW Advantage
At OGW we are committed to the development of our people and offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We have a team of highly engaged contributors that strive for excellence every day which make OGW a rewarding place to work. Our people really are the OGW Advantage. Come join our team and find out for yourself. If you want to learn more about life at OGW, visit our website www.ongrowing.com, follow us on Facebook or Instagram @ongrowingworks or LinkedIn @OnGrowing Works Ltd.
Salary and Benefits:
- Range – $22.00 – $30.00
- Company Events
- Training Programs
To apply for this position please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OnGrowing Works is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates applications from all interested applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Apprentice Carpenter, you will work the...
Division: Landscape/Horticulture &...
Division: Landscape Operations Reports To:...
Division: Landscape/Horticulture &...
A Lead Estimator will be responsible for the...